Sunday, February 17, 2008

How do you like the Americans?


It's a question that I had from our hostess, a reputable professor who invited her two students -I'm not one of them- to dinner in a Mexican restaurant, and since I'm in a good mood since the driving license which didn't disappear yet, I accepted my friend's invitation to go with her to dinner, my friend is one of the students...The professor is so sweet and so as her husband who is also a professor, I kept an eye on him sitting between us the three women and seemed really comfortable, with no traces of boredom or obligations, he ate well and was engaged in conversations and helped his wife with her coat at the end, a real gentleman if I must say, I want one like him!!!... Now, what was I saying???Oh yes..the professor was so sweet, she suggested dinner choices to the foreign students and taught them how to wrap their food as the Mexican way and asked about their families and study arrangement, she looked at me and did the same and asked me if I liked the Americans...Ok you know my answer, I got my driving license here and here I am invited to a dinner by a lovely couple who entertained us as if we were their house guests, Sure, I said, I liked them a lot...they are nice, down to earth and very practical people, I asked them who they elected as president, the husband picked Hillary and the wife picked Obama...so strange!! then the husband said that he didn't think his wife would go after him and pick Obama, he thought she would pick Hillary as well, but he admits that Hillary had a very weak chance because of Bill packages she was carrying, shame on him for doing what he did as a president, he said...then both of them said together that anyone but Bush would be great!!!! I really liked them then!!!

No comments: