Saturday, February 16, 2008

I can Drive!!!



Yeahhhhhh!!!!! I can officially drive....I got my driving license, an official American one....not that I really know the directions or anything yet but still I'm happy, I can move and get my stuff and no more big NOOOOOOOOOOO to women driving, I'm lucky I guess, it's a small victory I wish I can share it with every woman in my country, every one should be able to commute and move safely without restrictions....I got a funny email on the same day of a very old Saudi Driving license [Picture posted], if you are wondering if it's for real, yesssssssssss....it's for real as real as my own small precious little driving license, which I wish I could've post its picture but No, I have to guard it from evil eyes...I was so happy that I decided that I'm not going to let anything disturb this victorious day, a strange thought, as if happiness can be guarded against harm way!!! but hey, why not...It's one of those real rare events where I'm really lucky!!! God bless all the American women and men who made the lives of women after them easier...I wish we could have some of them in my country!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wo0o0oW, Hala, we are all proud of you. Driving signify taking control of your life, go ahead and enjoy being on control.
Take good care of your self.
Your friend forever.
Manal