Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ouch!!


My article about Dr. Mohammad Al-qnabit was not published:
they said it touched a "sensitive topic", I quoted his words on National TV, so what sensitive topic? but then he was relieved from all his formal positions, what a waste!!!... this put me in a melancholy state... now I'm roaming the net and I found this blogger "Saudi jeans" for Ahmad Al-Omran, a shite Muslim who studies Pharmacy in Riyadh and who loves wearing Jeans (but he didn't in his posted photo) and blogging his views and opinions, all the ingredients for an upcoming antagonist for our traditional school of thoughts... his blog is excellent, a real joy to read and browse.... it drew much attention and discussed very important topics with a very objective and rational way, I have to say that I'm deeply impressed and I haven't been for some time... now I'm getting in a higher state, I read the impressions left by the blogger on Riyadh book fair and that kept me thinking about the way religion is conceived by the religious police as a way to show dominance and authority rather than to convey virtues, as if others have to be reprimanded... I think my next article will not be published as well, I kind of pressed on this topic... I think I'm getting louder and losing my careful cat approach... what a waste though for Dr. Mohammad, I really wish I could do something for his cause!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that your article about Dr. Mohammad Al-Qnaibt was not published!
And I am even more sorry that such a loyal Saudi gets treated this way!!
Everything he said was genuinely on the mark.
But please do not compare Greatness and Genuineness (Dr. Mohammad) to Spuriousness even if it was a courageous one!

Broke Saudi said...

I love how people in Saudi are getting a louder voice! Everyone's speaking out, and it's great.

Hala said...

Anonymous thanx for paying a visit, I'm faced for the second time this week with the same comment...people don't like to be compared even if I'm comparing their actions and not their personalities and causes...Great acts, like courage and frank speeches,can be shared sometimes between two people of completely unrelated personalities and comparing these acts doesn't make them matched personalities, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I absolutely agree with your words, comparing actions or certain treats does not at all mean comparing character or personality!
The thing is I fell for my emotions, and my comment on the comparison was mostly emotionally charged, please excuse me for that. I have come to grow fond of Dr. Mohammad, and I did not want to see him or what he stands for be compared to someone I have reservations against.
At any case thank you, your logical words helped me reach a higher state of rationalism.

Hala said...

Dear Abdullah,
Thanks for being one of the few who would admit a change of opinions once all facts are reconsidered, it definitely takes a wise man to do that, so thank you for being wise... I'm like you very fond of courage and frank expressions of opinions despite fear of loss of status, so let's pray that Dr. Mohammad would be safe somewhere...