Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A stranger list of longings...


I've spent some time of my life as a stranger and I have this list which I'll be updating from time to time of the things which caused me to feel like a stranger:
1. Going back home and no one is there to talk to about your days or nights
2. Finding yourself in a waiting time and looking through your phone and not finding someone you can chat with to pass the time
3. Every child face reminds you of your lovely family children whom you terribly miss back home
4. Every weekend or short holiday reminds you that you will be alone and not setting on the table with your family members to chat or sample cooking
5. You have to ask strangers for help because you don't have a family member to carry your stuff, give you a ride or share an errand because you're too busy to do them alone
6. When someone is so straight forward and no more Nice talking or dealing, I really long for our polite culture
7. When you have to listen to ugly words (F..., SH..., D..., etc...) , I remember how musical our words to the ear (May god bless U, May God give u health, ...)
8. When you look to the faces around you and don't find anything in common...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right...
The good thing is, these longings help us cherish home and family more and more... :)

Hala said...

Yes. I long more to my dear ones until I live enough with them to reconsider...