Friday, March 28, 2008

A Secret to share...

Why people fail to reach the happiness as they conceive it although they work hard for it? because out of the 60,000 thoughts a day that go in their minds, only few thoughts are focused on what they want of life instead of their worries and fears of others or failures. So the secret of happiness as revealed through the ages by the philosophers and lately, in the book of the Australian author "Rhonda Byrne" is simply that "your life course is a result of the quality of your thoughts". This is based on the ancient concept of "the law of attraction" or like attracts the like and applied as well to your life as a member of this world. Suppose you want a successful and rewarding career and you are always thinking about this, all the opportunities of a successful career will be attracted to you, or if you constantly thinking about good qualities people, you'll find them attracted to you and so on. The trick is to "quiet" your mind and get rid of the unnecessary crowd of negative thoughts of annoying people & events, and to focus on good things in people & in your life... Prayers & meditation are among the ways to reach that state of mind blanking. you can keep a log of happy moments in your life to refer to when you are faced with a bad feeling and a negative persistent thought. I have tried using this today, for two hours I managed to shut down a negative event some time but couldn't take it out of my mind, as if the thought has a mind of its own, it kept coming back to me during my errands and I kept pushing it as a physical being...I never thought it was as difficult to "filter" my thoughts. I'm definitely in need of training... now, for the next week I'll have this task "I'll monitor all my thoughts and recognize those which give me a strong feeling good or bad and work on them"...Sounds tough already, but definitely worth a try...

4 comments:

Rania said...

sounds good and it goes with everything we learnt in this NLP course;remind yourself over and over and you'll acheive whatever you want.Also what that saying of Holy Prophet,that Allah grants people wishes just by believing in him and repeating them over and over.
So from now on I'll keep saying:I'm rich and he(u know who)is horribly dead.

Hala said...

Dear Rania,
You're intelligent and strong, you'll get where you want and so soon, I believe in that even without the secret, I know you'll make it once you put all your efforts in the right track (and mentioning him is a negative thought)...

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck and best of results with your task...
Personally, I find that normalizing these negative thoughts is far better for me than ignoring them... Nevertheless, I hope it works for you...

Hala said...

Thanks Abdullah for your sincere wishes and tip. I have to admit that I'm not getting any better and still fighting my demons (negative event)here, I will analyze how successful this trial is after a reasonable time, so let's wait and see...