Thursday, April 3, 2008

How did I land in here??


I'm taking this course... It's called medical decision analysis. I have to admit that I'm not a decisive person, so if I ignore the fact that I can't stand the constant deviation from the topic in the class, the professor constant demand for our decisions on his extremely personal questions and a particularly annoying Saudi guy who was placed here -out of all other places on Earth- for a sole reason of testing my patience and self control, I can start to see the point of this..According to a small book called "the manual of life" that I read sometime ago, the events of life that we ran away from or avoid will hunt us over and over in order for us to learn how to deal with them properly instead of avoiding it...So maybe the lesson that I need to learn here is that decisions need to be taken sometimes ahead and not at the spur of the moment as I've used to be doing all my life as I generally react instead of pro act...Maybe I need to learn to enjoy the way things are instead of keeping a critical eye even if we deviates much from the subject...And maybe I need to recognize that there's an inherent defect in most Saudi men caused by their upbringing & culture and that I shouldn't be too shocked to see it happening over and over again...still I don't think I'll learn how to be decisive, life is way too confusing!!!

No comments: