Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The pen is mightier than the sword???


Now that's confusing, In our Arabic heritage the sword is mightier but there's another version of the truth...Apparently, the ancient civilizations as well as the western literature believes that the pen is mightier, this is a very popular quote that was used heavily everywhere...The fact that the holy book "Quran" affects the lives of millions proves very supportive of the pen, so here goes another myth of the Arabic beliefs...I was thinking that I didn't reach any level of significance despite my time here on Earth, I seem to struggle still with a career path or with identity crisis, perhaps that's why I'm so afraid of admitting that I'm getting older because then I have to be a responsible person for making all kind of decisions, but yet I'm still not so confident about many things...amazingly enough, I was discussing how can we change the corruption in so many levels in our countries with a friend from Jordan, her idea is that the people should be changed first, my idea is that they can't be changed as a whole but we need one leader who can move the mass and creates the waves of change, would that leader come with a pen or would he come with a power (the sword)??....If I believe in the pen superiority, I may accept aging now that I have some potential as a writer after all, but we're just gonna have to wait and see...

No comments: